Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drivers
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Aerowind
How do I see what drivers I have

Also how do I see what graphics card I have

Also is there any way to make Eternal Lands (a game for linux and windows) run faster?
Jim
How do I see what drivers I have

I am a little confused by this, one linux doesn't use drivers it uses modules. But more importantly, do you mean, "what modules I have running" or "what modules I have installed"?

The command lsmod will show you all running modules. Every system is a little different but usually modules are stored somewhere around /sys/modules but if you want to see if you have a module installed and it doesn't show up in lsmod just try to load it using modprobe whatever

Also how do I see what graphics card I have

run lspci -vb it will be in there somewhere.

as for the Eternal Lands, I got nothing for you, maybe somebody else knows something about it.
DS2K3
Generally, the nest way to make games run faster is to makke sure you have the official drivers/modules from the manufacturer for you Graphics Hardware. The ones that come bundled with X aren't really up to gaming.

Both nVidia and ATI now have at least some Linux support, but I suggest you check out their websites to find out more.

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.