Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exim 4 - Multiple Domains, Identical Local Part
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
heatsink
Hello...

Any exim4 guru's out there? I've bashed around a million ideas and posted on a few forums, but had no luck. I'm running exim4 and want to do the following:

1. My server has two domains on it: mydomain.com and myotherdomain.com
2. Both mx records point to it and I have no problems receiving mail for either domain right now
3. I want to create an email address with the same local part for each domain but have the mail delivered to different local mailboxes. For example:
  • me@mydomain.com gets delivered to local mailbox 'jon'
  • me@myotherdomain.com gets delivered to local mailbox 'kelly'

I've tried everything I can think of, but to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this seemingly easy thing?

Thanks!
chrisw
you would have to use aliasing.

you would to map an email address to a username on the system.

sendmail usings the aliases or virtusers files for this.

being im unfamiliar with exim...im not exactly sure how to
do this or if there are files for this....
heatsink
QUOTE (chrisw @ Feb 3 2005, 09:44 AM)
you would have to use aliasing.

you would to map an email address to a username on the system.

sendmail usings the aliases or virtusers files for this.

being im unfamiliar with exim...im not exactly sure how to
do this or if there are files for this....

Yes...it has something to do with that for sure. I just can't find the right configuration for it.

There's some confusing stuff in the Exim4 docs that essentially say to create a virtual domain alias file and map the email addresses from that domain to local mailboxes. I've tried that I believe it says to do, but it doesn't seem to work. There's a lot of expertise out there on Exim3, but not so much on Exim4 and apparently the author has made some significant and non-backwards compatible changes to the product and this causing some headaches.

I'll keep plugging away. If anyone has any ideas please post em here smile.gif

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.