Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems After Installing Fedora Core3
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
indranildasgupta
Finally 'Digit' decided to distribute the FC3 with their mag in Jan'05 and I was lucky.

However, I'm facing some problem after installing the Fedora Core3 in my Acer TravelMate 4001 FLCi Centrino technology based Laptop. The main three problems are

1. NO MODEM IS BEING DETECTED BY THE FEDORA CORE3, though the Laptop has a V92 modem and is detected by the Windows XP well in the other boot.

2. NO SOUND IS PLAYED and the sound card is detected as 82801 DB/DBL/DBM(ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller, module: snd-intel 8x0 by the Fedora Core3, whereas, the actual audio the laptop has is Conexant AMC Audio.

3. CANT MOUNT THE DRIVES.

4. Fast Infrared is not responding in Fedora Core3, whereas, it's running fine by Winodws XP Pro.

Can anybody help me out please. Looking for early reply, my freinds there.

INDRANIL.
Termina
Strange, because my experience has been pretty positive when it comes to Acer. (atleast when it comes to the NIC, sound, and display).

Then again, mine is a diffrent model. xD

I can't help you with one or two, I suggest you google.com/linux for your make and model.

You can't mount drives though? What error does it give? (perhaps it's an NTFS partition, and Fedora might not come with the ntfs drivers. Check out the fedora core section of this forum for it).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.