Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Port 25
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
phantom1nc
Well my sendmail's on, and im pretty sure my iptable and firewall are allowing access to port 25, but even thought my sendmail's running the port seems to be closed when i nmap my system. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
Corey
are you able to connect to your system through port 25? try using telnet to find out:

telnet localhost 25

If it works, you'll see your mail server responding, if not, then it's a problem with your firewall. Double check to make sure you are opening the port (and if the firewall is on a different computer, make sure it's port-forwarded to where your mail server is and that it's using tcp protocol).
phantom1nc
i was thinkin maybe it was the default redhat firewall, does anyone know how to shut that off completely?
DS2K3
run "netstat -ltp" as root to see if the sendmail daemon is actually listening to anything but loopback

D
phantom1nc
nope.. sendmails not listed
Termina
Check your log files (don't use sendmail, but I'll assume that they are in /var/log).

Something is wrong, and sendmail is not starting. Probally a problem with your config files. Double check! smile.gif

It's always a pain in the ass getting mail to work. =/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.