Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mandrake Will Not Load
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
dannysadler
i have the following error while trying to boot up mandrake.
unknown bridge resource insmod failed
/lib/modules/2.4.8-26mdk/kernel/drivers/usb-ohci.o.gz:init-module:no such device
usb.c: error getting string descriptor 0 (error=110)

while trying to boot linux gives 2 failes i remember one is usb something. the screen flashes alot while trying to boot then gives the above errors. it then says localhost login and will not go past that. im am not very good with command line but i would sure appreciate if someone could help me get linux up and working. my yahoo id is dannytech1 if someone would like to message me that way to try and help.
DS2K3
OHCI is the USB host interface. It sounds like your modules have gone missing, or your module list has become mysteriosuly corrupted. Have yu changed anything recently?

If not, it would probably be easiest to recompile the kernel or even reinstall. Althoough I would only say reinstall if you have a seperate /home partition, othereiwse it becomes a hassle.

D
dannysadler
this is a fresh install on a slave drive. i first installed redhat it worked the first time i booted it. the next time i got the same errors. i then reformatted using mandrake and it does the same. i havent got mandrake to boot up once. it just flashes a bunch of times then gives me those errors. i also have no idea how to compile a kernel.
dannysadler
i just said the heck with trying to fix this version and ordered the fedora 3 package. maybe this one will actually work for me. i just want to have an alternative to windows.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.