Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Apache Setup
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
SDMX
Hey all,

I'm using the 2.0.51-r1 version of the apache server for linux, and find myself a bit perplexed. I'm trying to get the server to autogenerate directory indexes (using the module mod_autodir.c as asked for in the commonapache.conf file), but all of my apache modules (as found in /usr/lib/apache2/modules) have a .so suffix, instead of a .c! I've tried giving the commonapache.conf file an absolute pathway to the mod_autodir.so module, but the server either calls syntax error, or just doesn't load the module. Can anyone help? All I want is a simple autogenerated directory! Is that so much to ask?!

Thanks so much for your help in advance,
SDMX
Termina
mod_autodir.c will no doubt be found in the apache 2.0.51-r1 folder you extracted, when you installed apache. You'll probally want to move that into the apache directory, and edit commonapache.conf

Either that, or updatedb && locate mod_autodir.c

.so are not source files, which is what .c is
SDMX
Nope. I've got no apache related .c's on my machine. They're all shared object files. Source files apparently aren't included in a apache installation in a Gentoo emerge. Odd odd odd.

The file, by the way, isn't mod_autodir.c as I had previously stated. It's mod_autoindex.c.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.