Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Knoppix Resolution Issues
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
KremertheHunn
I have been trying to get KNOPPIX to run on my new Dell Dimension 2350, but when it attempts to load X it gives io errors and such... X does load, after some screen flashing, but it won't change resolutions at all, and it stuck at 640x480 resolution, even though I am running 1024x768 in XP. I had the same problem when I attempted to install Mandrake 8.1 a few weeks ago. I have been told that it may be my LCD monitor causing the errors, but I can't find anywhere on this or other forums where this problem has been adressed. If anyone could shed some light on my problems, or offer a possible solution, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Kremer
chrisw
is your video card supported under linux?
you using the correct driver for your video card?
KremertheHunn
KNOPPIX autodetect finds my video card just fine, and everywhere I've looked appears to show that it is supported. Still, I guess this could be the source of error, as I am only running the dell integrated video...
chrisw
you select the right resolution from your monitor
and the hsync and vsync of your monitor

see if you can re-run the config program for your
monitor and if you can make changes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.