Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please Help Compile New Kernel Error.
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
ltodd2
Please help
I have been trying to compile kernel 2.6.10 I have had a few goes and when i run make all or make bzImage modules I get the following:

HOSTCC drivers/pci/gen-devlist
DEVLIST drivers/pci/devlist.h
CC drivers/pci/names.o
CC drivers/pci/pci-driver.o
drivers/pci/pci-driver.c: In function `pci_default_resume':
drivers/pci/pci-driver.c:330: error: structure has no member named `power_state'make[2]: *** [drivers/pci/pci-driver.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [drivers/pci] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2
[root@darkstar linux-2.6.10]# make modules_install
INSTALL arch/i386/crypto/aes-i586.ko
cp: cannot stat `arch/i386/crypto/aes-i586.ko': No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [arch/i386/crypto/aes-i586.ko] Error 1
make: *** [_modinst_] Error 2
[root@darkstar linux-2.6.10]#

Can any one help please. I have just seen that there is a 2.6.10 FC3 kernel. Am I best using this?
I am makeing my own because I want NTFS, more than 4k kernel stacks, wireless and I have a patch for s3 late bios as this is on a dell laptop.

If I go wih the FC3 kernel how do you add other options that you may want after as the up2date app installs it all for you?

Please help and thanks in advance

Lee
beltucadros
i dont know if this will help but this is the how to i used when i compiled my kernelhttp://www.digitalhermit.com/linux/Kernel-Build-HOWTO.html
ltodd2
Thanks beltucadros. I have had a look. My problem is there seems to be something missing i think but as im new im only guesing.

Thanks

Lee
beltucadros
i also am a newbie. guess i was just lucky enough to have my kernel compile first try with no problems. but im going to go back and try anding a SD module hopefully i can get through it a secondtime.
best of luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.