Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie And Linux Winxp Droves And Adsl
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
gimpacause@nex.net.au
hi all i have just finished setting up mandrake linux 10 and i was wondering 2 simple question i have basic to advanced computer knowledge but have never touched on linux since i finished tafe in 1999 a long time ago my 2 questions are

1. how to i set-up my ADSL in linux i have a Netcomm NB1300 ADSL USB Router also where would i find drivers for this device im pretty sure it connexant compliant

2. is there a way to have all my windows partition automaticly mount everytime KDE linux loads as i've set up linux to auto boot kde and not go to the command line as all my mp's,files,docs are on NTFS partitions

thankx in advance
michaelk
The easiest method is to connect the PC to the modem's ethernet port and therefore no driver is required. This requires an ethernet adapter installed in the PC. Use Mandrake Control Center network wizard to setup a LAN connection. Enter the IP address of the router (see manual) and select DHCP. You should be all set.

Usually Mandrake automatically configures windows drives. Look in the /mnt directory to see if any mount points were created.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.