Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Images Not Loading
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
nutkenz
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this. On my website, the images appear as broken, as if they couldn't be found, but when you enter the URL directly in the browser they appear without any problems. If you do that, and then press back to view the site again, only that image loads... But if you refresh, they're all broken again. It's a PHP page, but the code isn't wrong. For example as background image it's <td height="19" background="images/img_10.gif">

Is this a server problem or am I do doing something wrong? I have access to SSH so I guess I could fix the problem myself, would anyone know how?

Thanks!
DS2K3
It might be a problem with .htacess settings, or directory settings in apache.conf

Can you give us the URL?

D
nutkenz
http://scriptfreaks.quest-zone.com/indexx.html only images as background in the tables on this page
nutkenz
anyone?
DS2K3
That is very weird...

Do you have any special config options for that directory? eg htacess or a directory section in apache.conf

D
Termina
When I go to your page, I see the gray bar (the image you posted above) at the top of the menu. Is this the only place it should be?

If so, I assume you fixed it.

If not, maybe you should try shift+refresh (might just be loading a stored page w/o the image)
nutkenz
yes, removing the .htaccess file did the trick. Thanks for your help.
DS2K3
.htaccess should only be used when absolutely necessary - It causes nothing but trouble. One of the websites I maintain is hosted on a server which actually stps parsing PHP files when even a blank .htaccess is present...

Glad it works now

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.