Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Install Help
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
usrDaemon
I know chance is this has been covered. I have a Intel mother board running SuSE. I have no problems with SATA. I can run Mandrake, RH or even FC#. My friend has a Chaintech 7NJS Ultra and I can not seem to get the .... thing to install. Just wonted to know if any of you had luck w/a nForce II board. I used Mandrake 10.1. I think I will end up doing SuSE but he would like Mdk 10.1 if possable. Thank you,
hughesjr
First thing to check is if you have the latest BIOS installed for the board ...

According to what I read, the SATA drives are detected as sda/sdb instead of hda/hbd with mandrake 10.1 ... but SATA should work without the need to add special drivers with the 2.6.x kernel series (as should the sound and network card).
usrDaemon
Thank you for the reply. He has the latest BIOS. I found the problem was the partition table lay out. It keed telling me that it was corrupted and could not go on. It was seeing the Win drivers first and could not read them. I swaped the RAID w/a IDE to boot Win on and changed linux to RAID 0+1. Thank you for the reply. It has been a long day at work. I hope I may lend a hand when some one needs it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.