Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sound Problem
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
mudpark41
I am using the Yoper Linux distro. I have a bunch of apps installed. When I try to use an app called Skype for Voice over IP communication It will not work untill I go into console and kill arts. After I run Skype arts is back running, but with Skype. Once a single program has access to the sound card it seems that another program cannot access it at the same time. Is it possible in Linux to have 2 different programs using Sound at the same time?
beltucadros
I beleive this depends on teh program. some programs will allow access to alsa, and ill have sever sounds going at once, but i know kde likes to steal control and not share it. if you are in kde you may want to go Control Center| Sound and Multimedia| Sound System and un-ticking the radio button for enable sound system. thats all i have to offer
DS2K3
I think it depends to a certain extent on your audio hardware too.
MDk10.1 has a program called soundwrapper which I tihnk lets more than one program use sound at once - but it caused XMMS to crash for me, so maybe it isnt quite ready for full-time use

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.