Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lilo Is Being Mean
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
beltucadros
When i boot up my box i have to use my floppy boot disk because lilo just fills the page with a whole bunch of 9's and never does anything else. not sure of the version, it is the one that come in the slackware iso's.
I hate being a newbie
Corey
If you are able to boot fine with your floppy disk, then boot into your system, and log in as root, and run the following command:

/sbin/lilo -v

And see if everything checks out, and restart.
DS2K3
That tends to happen if your boot sector is corrupted. You can fix it by reinstalling LILO (or grub for that matter). Turning off virus-protection built into the BIOS helps sometimes, although if you are using Windows on the same box I wouldnt reccomend it

D
beltucadros
Newbie that i am i got too fed up with windows and killed it. lilo worked up until i reformated
DS2K3
In that case just reinstall Lilo and you should be OK
beltucadros
for some reason lilo wasn't making a boot list. i had to manually make the lilo config file and set it up. ahh the vices of compies when they want to be mean. All because i told windows to f off.
DS2K3
You'd think it would reward you, kind of like having a bad heart, so getting a heart transplant... ish

D
beltucadros
from what i hear having a heart transplant has a very slow and painful recovery process maybe thats why im having problems, its like im recovering. it something that needed to be done but it comes at a price wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.