Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: X11 Won't Die
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
beltucadros
here is my problem. I ahve X11 running on slackware 10.0. which in and of itself is great. But if i try to exit X11 it hangs. I am not sure why. I have tried removing and reinstalling x11 to no avail. Help please. it was working fine until now.
Corey
What video card are you using? I use to experience this with my older Voodoo Banshee card.
DS2K3
I have the same problem when I try and stop the DM after starting it as root. I figure the answer is not to run X as the root user, I tihjk the universe is trying to tell me something...

Have a look in /etc/X11 for a server log, it might tell you where it's going wrong

D
beltucadros
im using an ati 7500 sad.gif.
And the log says that i am trying to access an unavailable resolution.
And I havent yet loged into X as root.
I switched windows managers, and the problem occurs less often must of been something with KDE
DS2K3
Can you paste the exact error? It makes it easier to Google

D
beltucadros
must of been somethign with kde. I switched to pekwm and just run kde ontop of that haven't had any problems as of yet.

And i would paste the error except it wasnt in a log during one of the hangs it flashed on the screen for about 2 secs so i didnt even get a chance to read it completely. sorry and thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.