Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proftpd Problem
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
DayDreamer
I have a server (with local ip 192.168.0.100) located behind a router (with an actually ip, eg. 11.22.33.44). When I try to connect with cuteftp, it first succeed in connecting to 11.22.33.44. But the server will then demand a connection through 192.168.0.100. Needless to say, this does not work for anyone outside the network. Is this problem caused by the passive mode setting of the server? Is there anyway to get around it besides switching off passive mode? Thank you so much for your help.
Jim
I asume you have the ports forwarded for the ftp server. You need to obviously forward 21 to your local address. But, you also need to forward the other ports that the server uses. The best way to do this is restrict it to a certain range, say 4500-5000 and then forward those ports to your computer as well. That way, people accessing from the outside and inside can use passive mode.
DayDreamer
the server is in DMZ. shouldn't everything be forwarded to it automatically?
DS2K3
I dont think so, i tihnk DMZ will just mean that there are no restrictions. Try adding the forwards and see

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.