Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help With Installing Xammp
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
xxrsc
I have installed XAMMP in the /opt directory as directed from the apachefriends site. It installed and started fine. When I go to http://localhost to test it, I get an error.

Warning: file_get_contents(lang.tmp) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/lampp/htdocs/xampp/index.php on line 2

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /opt/lampp/htdocs/xampp/index.php:2) in /opt/lampp/htdocs/xampp/index.php on line 4

I have limited knowledge of linux as you might see. Would this be a file permission issue? If so how do I go about correcting the setup? Thanks
DS2K3
(I atake it Xaamp is a PHP program...)

You need to give Apache/PHP permission to read the file in question, to do this chmod it rw-r--r-- (0640) (this can be done using a GUI such as konqueror, just right-click and select properties)

The warning should also go away once you fix that issue, as it is the error message itself causing it

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.