Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mandrake Install Failure
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
JamesTKirk
I have Mandrake 10.1 DVD. However, after installation, the KDE taskbar does not appear. No Icon are presently shown aswell. Only a blue screen with the word "Mandrake" on the lower right-hand side of the screen. I install all necessary programs including KDE workstation. In order for me to reboot, I have to press the power button on the pc. I have tried a few times but still unsuccessful. What can be the problem to this?
Jim
You get nothing from clicking on the desktop (specifically right and center clicking)? Ok, thats really wiered.

I would try to boot into GNOME and see if you have the same problems. You should be able to change that from the login screen. If you don't get that, you will have to change it manually. Or, you could always install Mandrake with just GNOME and see what happens.

Have you tried anything else or just been reinstalling over and over again? It could be that you have a bad burn on the disk or a bad ISO. Did you check the MD5 sum of the iso you downloaded?
DS2K3
Did you install the official NVidia drivers? They cause seriously wierd tihngs to happen with the display.

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.