Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: System Sounds Not Working
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
soboku1
Hi I up upgraded my kde from 3.30 to 3.3.1 everything worked fine then i went to 3.3.2 and now my system sounds dont work. I have sounds that is i can play mp3's I just cant here the start up or shut down sounds nor kopete sounds or any other system sounds. I have turn them all on in control panel. I have suse 9.2 and they worked fine before upgrade to 3.3.2. I tried deleting the file called knotifyrc in /home/soboku1/.kde/share/config amd reboot to let kde recreate it but didnt work. I head of someone trying to rename there .kde and make a new one but it didint fix there system sounds problem so I didnt do that. Any Ideals as to what the problem is and how to fix it "in simple lay terms" lol Im new to linux so i dont no how to to a lot but Im learning. I can install program from RPM's and source now.

joey
Robert83
Hi,

under control panel there should be a sound thingie...with a sound server on off option ...turn it off
reboot

turn it on

reboot

Sincerely
Robert B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.