Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lexmark Z25
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
del_hamilton
I have a Lexmark Z25 printer and have downloaded the appropriate Lexmark printer driver and installed it. The install script runs ok and even prints out an alignment page. Great! When I go into KDE printing all the details about the printer are blank and printing reports no errors but goes down a black hole.

I've emailed the support at Lexmark which also went down a black hole. I have tried several printing systems including CUPS and LPD to no avail.

Is there anyone out there who has managed to install and configure this printer and driver?
alex_123_sk
I have the same printer but running redhat8.0
I have the same problem that the system configuration tools would not show the printer but you can change the print command of the program to lpr -Plexmarkz25-35 to print from the printer.
You can also use lpr -Plexmarkz25-35 [filename] from command line

Assume you are using lprng. I never use CUP so I am not sure if the above works for CUP
del_hamilton
I've set the printing system to lpd and reinstalled the driver script. Again the alignment page prints ok but when I click the test page button this error spools to the terminal:

bgerror failed to handle background error.
Original error: lpr: unable to print file:
client-error-not-found
Error in bgerror: can't find package msgcat

Can anyone help?
chrisw
see if you can use some sort
of generic driver....that sometimes
works..see what that does
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.