Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smb4k Problems
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Linux Victim
Hiya.
I'm having problems connecting to a Windows machine with SMB4K. I can see the shared disks just fine, but I can't connect to them. It keeps asking me for a username and password. I've tried running smbpass but even as root it won't let me change the password. I'm completely lost here. Any ideas?
Corey
I'm guessing your smb shares are located on a Windows machine correct? Well, for your username and password, enter in your username and password that you would use to log into that computer. On the Windows machine, right-click on the shared folder, and go to properties, and choose the sharing tab. There should (depending on the version of windows), some option there of setting up the security by specifying what credentials are needed to access the share. I think this varies from 9x machines to 2000/XP machines.
Linux Victim
Talk about obvious. I've tried everything BUT the username for that machine. I think I should go hide in a hole somewhere... unsure.gif
Anyway, thanks a lot!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.