Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Entering A Sound File Command?
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
tom boucher
Can anyone explain how to to enter either "alsaconf" or "sndconfig" at the command line? I have an ESS1869 ISA sound cardthat was not detected during the install, and I was instructed to enter this, but I do not know how. Does it have to be preceded or followed by any particular command?
tom boucher
I did some searching in ref. to my sound card, and have found that when installing Linux will ask whether or not you have an ISA sound card. If you do, Linux indicates that you need to run one of the above commands at the command line. I did see all of that. However, if I enter the commands above, nothing happens. From reading some other post, I think some sort of interface is supposed to come up. If it does not, then sndconfig did not install. Anyone familier with this? IF, I was to reload Mandrake 10.1 in an effort to correct my sound, would I lose all I have configured and loaded or is there some sort of repair type of function that may preserve all of my work?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.