Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wine Where Ist And How Do I Use It
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
unclegerry
I am totally new to linux, I have a system with an AMD 700 mghz cpu, and a 30 gig quatum fireball HD with win xp home installed, and a western digital 20 gig HD with SUSE 9.2 pro installed on it. Upon installation of suse the install program yast configured my HP 932 C printer, my epson 2450 scanner, and the external v.92 best data modem. I have even been able to figure out how to get online and am using Mozilla Firefox for my web browser, and Evolution for email. But now the fun begins I have used windows all of my computing days and pretty much am a point and click type of guy. I know very little about the command line. My daughter has a program for Bible Quiz and I understand I can use a program called wine to use my windows programs that Linux does not have. According to yast wine is installed but I can't seem to find it and if I did I am not sure I would know what to do after reading some information I have found about wine. Please help a new newbie.
DS2K3
Fiurstly, wine is still in development, and dpoesnt run everything (it can do IE6, Media Player, Rollercoatser Tycoon and others). To run something via wine, go into command line, and type "wine /path/to/program.exe"

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.