Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shutdown Problems
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
TheDistance
Hi

I'm having some problems with a debian sarge system that I just installed. When I do a shutdown on the system (doesnt matter if I do init 0, shutdown -h now, or poweroff) it will always stay on once it finishes the shutdown procedure. It just flashes up a line that says Power Off. Before, when I had the same version of Debian installed on it, it would automatically power off. Is there some package that I need to install to be able to do this, or is it some kind of logoff script problem?

Thanks,
Eric
russ_m9
is the APIC power managment turned on in the bios ?, I had a similar problem with DEBIAN 3.0 (Woody) a while back and found that was my problem the Kernel had it on but my Bios Did not.

Just a thought, hope this helps.

Scincerly
Russell Morton
TheDistance
I actually can't find an option in the BIOS for that... not surprising. It's an old HP Pavilion that I got from my brother in law to use as a file server. But I'm pretty sure that it would auto shut down before... and I haven't done anything in the BIOS since, other than change the boot devices priority.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.