Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Program Configuration Settings
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
mchnhed
I use Opera, Gaim, and XMMS on another username, but when I login to a different username none of my Gaim preferences, away messages, Opera toolbar settings, favorites, XMMS settings, or playlists are available. Everything is reset for that user.

Basically, what i am asking is how can i copy all of these settings from one user to another? and where do these programs generally store these configuration settings (so i know for future reference)? Thanks smile.gif
DS2K3
Open your file browser, and sewt it to diaply hiddenf iles (in konqueoror you can do this from the iew menu). Most programs have a hidden directory with the config data in, inside the users home directory

eg, my home directory is /home/richard and my xmms settings are in /home/richard/.xmms (the . makes it hidden)

Some KDE (and maybe gnome etc.) programs keep the config inside a general KDE folder, which is a bit harder to find things in.

D
mchnhed
QUOTE (DS2K3 @ Nov 24 2004, 10:58 AM)
Open your file browser, and sewt it to diaply hiddenf iles (in konqueoror you can do this from the iew menu). Most programs have a hidden directory with the config data in, inside the users home directory

eg, my home directory is /home/richard and my xmms settings are in /home/richard/.xmms (the . makes it hidden)

Some KDE (and maybe gnome etc.) programs keep the config inside a general KDE folder, which is a bit harder to find things in.

D

awesome. thanks smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.