Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Using The Gui
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
paddyboy
How could I login to a Linux box at different locations within the company,andPrint a file to a Linux box at different locations within my company.I will be using the GUI if I can.

Thank You.
Jim
I am a little confused about the question. You want to log into one linux box from another? Well thats easy, the answer to that is ssh. You can ssh from anywhere to anywhere as long as you have programs set up on both ends. You can even get simple programs like Putty to ssh from Windows to what ever. A typical ssh command looks like this ssh -l username 192.168.1.1 obviously substituting your username and IP. This will give you a CLI on that box to use. You can even set up X11 forwarding and run GUI programs.

As for the printing, explain exactly what you want to do and I will try to answer it for you.
Jim
Ok, so now I have some more time, I am going to take a stab at what I think you are asking.

I think what you want to be able to do is be working on one computer and print to a printer connected to another linux computer. This is not achived through ssh (though it could in a round-about jerry rigged sort of way). I think what you really want to do is share the printer from the one box out so other systems can see it and print to it. Is that what you want to do?

Or are you talking about printing to a file, that file being on the remote box?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.