Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Using A Kvm With Kde
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
mothermapper
I am having a problem when switching from one computer to another using a KVM (keyboard video mouse) switch. The switch has 4 computers on it. One running SUSE 9.1, one with Windows 2000 Server, one with Windows XP, and one with Windows 2003 Server. I am using the KDE GUI desktop with the Linux machine. When switching from one machine to another everything works just fine on the Windows machines. If I boot the Linux machine while the switch is on that machine, everything works just fine. If I switch to another machine and then back to the Linux machine the video and the keyboard work fine BUT the mouse goes crazy. If I reboot the mouse works ok but that seems a little drastic. Any ideas of what to do to fix this problem? I tried (with root) going to "init 1" and then to "init 5" but the mouse still goes crazy?

mothermapper
hughesjr
Is the problem with the mouse just the WHEEL, or is it button clicks, or mouse movements, or a combination?

My problem with a KVM switch and the 2.6 kernel was with the WHEEL only...

What I had to do with my KVM switch is change the mouse from IMPS/2 (or PS/2) to ExplorerPS/2 in the X config file.

You should be able to do that through YAST2...
mothermapper
Thanks for the reply. The mouse pointer jumps all over the screen. Programs open without clicking any buttons. I wonder, is there a daemon (or other program) that I can run (or stop-start) to re-initalize the mouse?

MotherMAPPER
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.