Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Installing Fedora Core 3
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
popefinn
i am relatively new to linux but i pick things up quickly and easily! however my problem is as follows:

when i try boot from the installation disc the first screen loads i can type and start the installation but when the next screen (the screen asking if i want to check my installation media) loads the laptop freezes. I cant type anything and the normal power down button doseant respond. This also happens when i try the recovery tool and the text based installation.

My laptop is as follows:
acer travelmate 2203lc
intel celeron 2.8ghz processor
512 MB ddr ram
40gb hard drive

I should also say that iv booted Knoppix from cd and that boots fine, it also detects my wireless card automatically. I am also hoping to set this up with dual boot with windows xp!

Thanks in advance for help

Finn
hughesjr
try doing the install by typing this at the command line of the boot CD (instead of just pressing enter):

linux noapic noacpi

If that doesn't work, try:

linux nousb
popefinn
Thanks, i worked out it was because i had legacy usb support enabled in my bios. The installation has now worked fine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.