Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Are Compatible Printers For Linux Os
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
foreversky29
sad.gif Hi I have a new Linux pc. I a trying to find out what printer to buy that will work with the LInux OS. I like the Epson CX4600 printer and wanted to lnow if this printer will be compatible with Linux. Can you please reply and let me know. If it won't work can you tell me what brands do work and which ones of tthose brands? Thanks for your help.
Jim
Which distro are you using? I know I have a Epson CX3200 and it works with every distro I have tried so far. If I know the distro I could try to check for sure.
foreversky29
Hi, Actually I am new to Linux so I am not sure what distro means or which one I am using. Can you guide me to how I can find that out so you can help with the printer question? Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate you trying to help. Carolyn wink.gif
michaelk
By distribution we mean, Redhat, Mandrake, SuSE, Slackware, Knoppix and so on. The major distros i.e. Rehdat and Mandrake have hardware compatibility lists.
DS2K3
I found that my Epson worked with Mandrake and Fedora OK. Mandrake provides gimp-print drivers for virtually all Epson printers, and I had no problems. Fedora provides stabdard CUPS srivers, which produce an aceptable quality, though not as good as the gimp-print ones.

http://www.linuxprinting.org/printer_list.cgi shows details of loadsssss of printers, and wheterh or not they work under Linux, and if so, using which method

D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.