Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kernel Panic Error When Adding A Scsi Card
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
themapincognita
I am a bit inexperienced with Linux and have been told to get a server up and running.

The system was happy running Red Hat 9.0 and then I powered down, put in a SCSI card (that had been running on another system with RH9 so it should be compatible) and when I booted up again I got this:

EXT3-fs error (device ide2(33,1)): ext3_check_descriptors: Inode table for group 0 not in group (block 8388626)!
EXT3-fs: group descriptors corrupted!
mount: error 22 mounting ext3
pivotroot: pivot_root (/sysroot, /sysroot/initrd) failed: 2
mount /initrd/proc failed: 2
Freeing unused kernel memory: 132k freed
Kernel Panic: no init found. Try passing init = option to kernel.

Removing the card and rebooting still results in the same error. I can boot into Linux rescue using the install CD, but what do I do? Thanks for the help.
themapincognita
I think it is some sort of problem with the filesystem, but I don't understand why.

I have a raid card running a with two hard drives. Do I need to mount one of the mirrored drives as my root partition? I'm just gleaning this from stuff I've read elsewhere. How would I do that?
Stevey_G
Isnt that error to do with the location or structure of your initrd file, ie it cant create the ramdisk upon boot? Have you got a bootloader? If so, see if you can have a look at /boot/grub/grub.conf to check its still using the correct initrd file for the compiled kernel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.