Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Firefox 1.0 Released
Linuxhelp > In The Community > News
Corey
The Firefox team has reached a great milestone today with their 1.0 release. I think this release will be the biggest (and most anticipated) browser release ever. Firefox has been gaining a lot of momentum in the past 6 to 8 months, all culminating to this point. The SpreadFirefox team has also been accepting donations the last few weeks so it could run some full-page ads in the New York Times, coinciding with the 1.0 release to try and get the word out to the general public.

Make sure you drop by and download your copy of 1.0 today.
soboku1
I have suse 9.2 and I installed the one that comes with it from YaST. how do I update to the newest one on firefox's site. Im new to linux but I have been busy learning so I no less then one lol.
hughesjr
SuSE should provide an update soon via the On-Line update feature using Yast.

Unless you are having a problem, I would wait for them to upgrade. (Their update will be SuSE specific with file locations, profile imports, etc.)

If SuSE hasn't put out the 1.0 release within a couple weeks, you can post another request and we will see what we can do to get the new version installed for you by installing from the generic binaries.

It is better to use the version dsitributed with your distro if possible, because the distros do things (like change the launch scripts) to integrate the browser into their environment.
soboku1
thank you I will wait. Its working very well any way. Thank you for you input.
sevenzenith1
good update thank for news
atlasweb
thnak you. i love firefox
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.