Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blurred Icons
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
ukxchanger
Hi,

I'm new to Linux and installed Redhat Linux 8.0 today. When I boot up into Gnome, the three icons at the top of the screen, I don't know for sure but this may be in Bluecurve, anyway they appear to be blurred and are difficult to read. (When I say blurred, it's as if for each icon there are layers of that icon).

This also occurs for any menus I try to bring up from the Gnome toolbar at the bottom. However if you highlight an item in the menu, it becomes clear, otherwise it is difficult to read.

I have installed it on a Compaq Deskpro 400Mhz Intel Celeron PC
It is using an AGP Matrox G100 graphic card (4MB)
64MB RAM
I am using a Dell Monitor (I don't have the model number at the moment), it is set up at 800 x 600 resolution and 16 bit color. I don't know what the refresh is set at.

I didn't want to set it up with this monitor when I installed it, as I will be using a different monitor when I get it home. I was trying to set it up as a generic monitor, but it wouldn't let me during the install process.

Anyway, if you think you can help, I'd be very grateful.
chrisw
try changing the color depth from 16 to something else
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.