Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help With Redhat 9.0
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
andreiutz
hy ! i have a computer with the following descriptions :
Processor : Intel Pentium 4 HYPER THREADING (northwood)- 3200 Mhz
Mother Board : Intel 875 PBZ-LK
Lan 10/100/1000 - on board
Video : Ati Radeon 9600 XT (Built by Ati)
Sound Card : Delta Audiophille 24/96 PCI
HDD1 - Seagate serial Ata - 120 Gb
HDD2 - Maxtor ultra Ata - 40 Gb
Combo Teac

I installed Linux Red Hat 9.0 on this sistem(my sistem) on the Maxtor HDD . Installation was without any problem (except i wasn't asked about the network card wich is onboard) . And when the message "Installation complete" appears , the sistem restarts , a linux graphical interface appear and asks me if i want to start linux with the hyper threading (dual processor - the second is virtual) tehnology on or off : "Start Red Hat Linux ....smp" / "Start Red Hat Linux" , any option I choose it goes with verifying and checking system , etc , until this message appears :

Code: 0f 0b e2 03 1f 1c 28 c0 e9 1d fd ff ff 8d b6 00 00 00 00 8d
<0>Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
In interrupt handler - not syncing

What should I do . PLease help !!!
Jim
Umm, well something is causing a hardware confict. Go grab a copy of knoppix (www.knoppix.org) and see if you can get that to boot from a live CD. If you can't, that will tell us something, if you can, that will help us out. Start there and let us know whats happening.
hughesjr
That board is very new ... the RH9 hardware detection is not going to work very well on it...And no security updates fro RH9 (It is no longer a supported OS).

What do you want to do with the machine? (Server, workstation, etc.)

If you want it to be a server I would recommend either CentOS or WBEL ... if a workstation, I would recommned Fedora Core 2 ... both install exactly like RH9, but have better hardware detection.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.