Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fedora 2 Gaim Help
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
geeemtea
i am having a problem with gaim on fedora 2. when i try to log in to my yahoo account, it tells me wrong password. i know my password is right, as is my screen name. is there something i am not doing right?
Corey
This will sound really stupid, but normally represents 99% of password problems....is your caps lock on?

Other then that, check what version of Gaim you have installed, I know the latest version is 1.x, and perhaps Yahoo has changed something in their authentication protocols that the Gaim team has fixed in recent builds. Check out the gaim homepage and download the lastest Fedora RPM and install from there.
MRAB54
I have been searching around because I am having the exact same problem with gaim. For aol, I have my screen name and password entered correct, I know this for a fact and it tells me it is incorrect. I know my password is right because I have the same user name and password for yahoo, and I can connect to yahoo with gaim. Anybody know anything about this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.