Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Opening Web Browswer (mozilla)
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
scottfactory
I am a newbie to Linux....

I understand that for most casual usage of linux i want to use a different username other than root but i'd still like to understand the reasons why i'm having this problem. i'm running fedora core 2.............. last night i was downloading software and installing it as the root (which to my understanding this is necessary) . And I could run Mozilla fine as the root user now i can't (i tried to run it from the command line and the error was a segmentation fault but then I tried to run Mozilla as a different user and it ran great( which i'm doing right now to send this message). Any help on why this is happening and how i could fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Scott
hughesjr
mozilla has lots of dependancies ... what software did you install.

There are several things that can cause mozilla problems ... on thing to try is to rename the .mozilla directory for root, then mozilla will create a new profile for itself.
-------------------
try this:

Open a terminal as root.

cd /root

mv .mozilla .mozilla.bak

start mozilla
------------------
(if you are using other mozilla products like Thunderbird for e-mail, you may have to set them up again)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.