Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unpacking A .exe File
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
scottfactory
I'm a total Linux newbie...

I want to get my Dell Inspiron 5100 using it's Dell True Mobile 1300 Integrated wireless card......I've been researching how to do this and found a program called ndiswrapper(which will can use the Windows driver with the linux system) --which i've successfully downloaded and installed....but then i downloaded the Windows driver which is an .exe file and in the instructions i'm told to unpack this exe and put the .sys and .inf into one folder and go from there but that's where i get stuck.........i'm using the unzip command to try to do this but i'm having no luck, it'll do this then it'll show across the screen the these two necessary files are inflating but when i look inside the directory afterwards i'm having no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Scott
hughesjr
it may put the files in a directory under the first one ... take a look for a subdirectory in the area where you unzip the file. ... another option might be to open the file with fileroller.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.