Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 Problems I Have With Mandrake 9 Please Help
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
themoch
okay two problems i'm having.

1) the battery meter on my Toshiba Satellite 1105 doesnt show the correct level (or any battery level at all)

2) when ever i'm using WINE, or try to.... it runs the program, and then right as its almost done, it causes errors... and then the EXE file just shuts down.

i have no idea whats causing either of these.

somebody please help... i'm stuck here.
Corey
1) No idea, i don't have a laptop

2) Wine is Alpha software, they say that everywhere on their website, in their help files and right in the installer. Nothing against the Wine project, I think they're doing an amazing job, but if you actually get a program to work fully, then you're doing pretty damn well. Get used to programs shutting down in Wine. You could even run the same program twice, once it will work flawlessly, and the next it crashes on you. I used to be able to run Half Life in linux, but now it won't even run the setup program. I don't complain though, I can only imagine how difficult it is to implement an API from a closed-sourced operating system.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.