Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fedora Core 2
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Stevey_G
Hi there. Having a few problems with installing fedora core 2 on my athlon 64 based system. When the CD boots up, and I press enter to carry on installing, on the blue driver install part of installation, the system hangs when it gets to loading the USB drivers? Any ideas on what could be causing this? And what can I do to resolve it as im desperate to have a play on a 64 bit os biggrin.gif
hughesjr
If you aren't using a USB device during the install, try this instead of enter:

linux nousb

After you complete the install and boot to the OS, maybe the USB will work .. if not, press a at the GRUB selection and type nousb to go past the USB ... then do updates and see if it works after that.
Stevey_G
Thanks very much for that mate works a treat on this system, however my 32 bit install is experiencing troubles now..... see my post! Thanks again though
Stevey_G
Ahhhhh!!!! Got more problems! Slightly more complicated this time. Im getting an exception error just after the installation image has been transferred to the hard disc. The error is as follows:

File "/usr/lib/anaconda/iutil.py", line 53, in execWithRedirect
raise RuntimeError, command +" cannot be run"
RuntimeError: /usr/sbin/kudzu can not be run

Any ideas? Its really bugging me now(quite literally!!)

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.