Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cron Job ?
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
tim_ver
I have a website hosted on a server that I need to upload a large txt file to. I have a php/mysql db on it and the txt file is to update the mysql db. I have tried it through mysql commands in a index.php page in admin area but it errors out due to the upload size limit. I have to do it with cron now and need some help. It is all on one server running cpanel. I want to have the txt file of info over right what is there twice a month, I would upload the txt file to a folder with ftp to the server. How can I achive this?

Thanks
Hemant
Joey..has written a nice guide explaining how to work with crontab..
Check out following links...
http://www.linuxhelp.ca/guides/cron/
tim_ver
Thanks for the link. I do not own this server I just have a website on it. From what I understand I have to write a script that will have the cron run and execute. The script will take a .txt file from a folder on the ftp and import it into a mysql db, the data in the mysql db current will be deleted and replace with the new data in the .txt file. I need to know how to do this.

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.