Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sata Hard Drive
Linuxhelp > Support > Hardware Support
mohitsarin
I own a PIV Machine with a Seagate Barracuda SATA Port HDD. When I try to install "Red Hat Linux 9" on my machine, it gives me an error saying "No Hard Drives Found!".

Can somebody please help me out on how to resolve this as I am new to Linux and whether I need to have some additional drivers for being able to detect the hard disk. Also can please somebody provide me with some pointers for what is to be found exactly and some location also, if possible.

Regards,
Mohit
michaelk
AFAIK RH 9 does not support installing to SATA drives. If you can configure the BIOS settings as legacy instead of native it might be possible. It might be possible to install Fedora core 2 or 3 or other 2.6 default kernels but it would depend on the SATA controller chipset. In addition, if you know the controller chipset and found the driver you can load it during the install process.
cpoet
Hello, I'm haveing the same problem with the Red Hat 9, no hard drive detection. Fedora loads fine and so will
Mandrake10 without a hitch.

I'm using an ABit IC7 Max3 mother board and a Seagate ST3120026AS

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.