Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Networking Rh9 And Windows Xp
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
steven2357
I'm trying to network our two computers. One runs windows XP, and the other rh9. They both connect through ethernet to a linksys Wireless-B broadband router. It is a wired network with ethernet. Our cable modem connects to the router. XP can use the internet right now, but I can't figure out how to do it in rh9. I want to eventually be able to share files and printers, and I think I want static adresses, but in XP, it gets its IP every night from a DHCP server. I have read a lot, but I can't figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
michaelk
If you select properties on your network interface icon you can change its settings from DHCP to static. You will also need to manauly enter the DNS IP address.

The same goes for the linux box. You can use the system settings selection to configure the network interface from DHCP to a static IP address. The DNS information is entered into the /etc/resolv.conf file.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.