Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help - Database In Linux!
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
jhoey_maui02
now im confused. with no idea on my mind. i need a clear answer/guidelines/steps from the experts. help!.. how would you port a database into linux? (database possible - oracle, sql, ms access).. how do you do that? thanks!!!

if there's really long explanations to this, i would feel great learning them,,kindly email me at jhoey_maui02@yahoo.com

THANKS!
hughesjr
MS Access and MS SQL server do not run on linux ... You would need to convert any MS Access or MS SQL Server database to something else (MySQL, PostgreSQL, FireBird, Sybase) to use it on Linux ... and develope a front end to use the database.

Oracle Databases (>8.1.7.x, 9.0.x.x, 9.2.0.x, 10g) run great on supported versions of Linux {like RHEL (AS or ES) or SLES (8 or 9)}... You can use WhiteboxEL, CentOS or TaoLinux as a free substitute for RHEL. If you have an Oracle database versions (8.1.7.x, 9.0.x.x, or 9.2.0.x, 10g), you should be able to export it on the current platform and import it on your Linux platform.

IBM DB2 also runs on Linux as well.

Obviuosly DB2 and Oracle are expensive ... the others are free.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.