Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Access Rights (write)
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
andy1974
Hello all

Got a qestion regaurding Write access for my samba users on home drives..... if user andy makes a folder in the public directory /samba i need it to be able for everyone in the GROUP to be able to wirte to that folder.... right now if i make a folder using user andy and user andrea get on the public drive she cant write to the folder andy created......why ....how ...can i fix that
??
hughesjr
How are you using the samba server ... is it a PDC, a BDC, or just a member server of the workgroup.

If the samba server is not a PDC or BDC, you can set the default group for all the users in Linux to the group that you want to have access ...

then make the group of the main directory in Linux for the share be that group (use the chgrp command.

then make sure the permissions are 775 on the folders with chmod.

Then put this in the share inside smb.conf

create mask = 0775
force create mode = 0775
force directory mode = 0775
andy1974
Hey guy how ya been??.......well i really dont know anything about a PDC, a BDC so it is, trust me on on purpouse.. So i would say it just a member of the workgroup
dry.gif
andy1974
well that was suposed to say

dry.gif well i really dont know anything about a PDC, a BDC so if it is, trust me on on purpouse.. So i would say it just a member of the workgroup
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.