Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maxximum Volume Size
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
monkeyleader
Hi,

We bought a 3TB SCSI RAID array and I now want to connect it to a linux host for a disk archive. I have created one logical volume using the RAID unit software which shows in the screen as being around 2.7tb - nice I think, however redhat Enterprise only sees the first 743mb of this volume - so I think this is a kernel limitation so I create 2 logical volumes and partition each of these into 2 - giving me 3 x 740mb partitions and 1 x 500mb partition - when I boot the system however the system does not pick up the drives - and indeed when I look in /proc/scsi/scsi there is no mention of it ..

So back to the drawing board - how about SuSe Professional 9.1 - a nice 2.6 kernel - again I create one logical volume but as Im going through the install it still picks up this volume as only 743mb ..

Any help on this much appreciated.

thanks,

Nigel
hughesjr
I think you mean 743gb and not mb ...

try creating 1 partition that is less than 2 TB... that is the effective 32-bit limit for ext3. I have never had that much space (3TB) in a RAID array ... but i have had more than 743GB...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.