Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lan Egg And Printer Aren't Detected
Linuxhelp > Support > Hardware Support
chaucerwatch
Hi. I've just finished installing Mandrake 9.2 on an old desktop (Fujitsu Deskpower ME3/505P, AMD 500) that has no internal LAN card. I used to run Win98 (Japanese version) on it, and to connect it to the internet, I long ago bought a USB Ethernet card called a "LAN Egg" fom IO DATA. While installing Mandrake, I found that it wouldn't autodetect it, and that when I tried to manually choose it, there was nothing for IO DATA. So I powered up my notebook, went online, found nothing in English, so far (can't read Japanese, sadly).

I just ended up skipping internet configuration and finished the install, then tried to fiddle with it after booting up. Still no joy. Now I'm coming here, to consult the experts! (Hey, compared to me, anyone with six weeks of Linux experience is an expert. This is my first Linux except for playing around with Knoppix and an earlier install on another machine that I could never get to boot properly.) :-)

Also, a possibly related problem so I'll include it here: My printer was also not detected during installation. It too is connected via USB. Is this all a problem with detecting USB devices? Maybe the solution for both is the same?
michaelk
Check the output of /sbin/lsmod. Are there any USB modules loading?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.