Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Iso Burning?
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
chadwick300
This is going to sound stupid. I've downloaded the ISO files for Fedora 2, but I need some software to burn the files to a disc. I'm using Windows XP. If anyone knows of any good Windows programs that can do this please let me know. I'd prefer something that's free on the web as that is the reason I'm using Linux. Thanks in advance.
Robert83
Hi,

www.google.com nero

it can burn iso's (though it's not free)

Sincerely
Robert B
Corey
For GPL'd software you can download Windows binaries for cdrecord here.

Place these in a directory (I usually create a directory in C:Documents and SettingsduendeApplications) and add it to your PATH (right-click my computer, Advanced Tab, Environment Variables, "New" button under user variables and add the above directory.

Open up your command prompt (Start->Run->cmd) and cd into your directory with the iso.

find out which scsi bus your burner is on with:

cdrecord -scanbus

(it should give you something like "1,1,0")

Then, burn your iso with:

cdrecord -v speed=16 dev=1,1,0 fedora.iso

This is down and dirty, but it's free. Replace your speed with the speed of your burner.

This may seem confusing, but i love using cdrecord in windows, especially for burning iso's
michaelk
Additional CD burning software:
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm
chadwick300
QUOTE (Corey @ Sep 17 2004, 05:56 AM)
For GPL'd software you can download Windows binaries for cdrecord here.

Place these in a directory (I usually create a directory in C:Documents and SettingsduendeApplications) and add it to your PATH (right-click my computer, Advanced Tab, Environment Variables, "New" button under user variables and add the above directory.

Open up your command prompt (Start->Run->cmd) and cd into your directory with the iso.

find out which scsi bus your burner is on with:

cdrecord -scanbus

(it should give you something like "1,1,0")

Then, burn your iso with:

cdrecord -v speed=16 dev=1,1,0 fedora.iso

This is down and dirty, but it's free. Replace your speed with the speed of your burner.

This may seem confusing, but i love using cdrecord in windows, especially for burning iso's

Thanks. It worked. I'm familiar with the command line so it wasn't that complicated. Again thanks for the link.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.