Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Samba+ldap
Linuxhelp > In The Community > General Discussion
jardosa
Hi Guys! anyone here have successfully tried to setup a Samba PDC using LDAP as backend and smbldap-tools for user and group management? I have an RH 8.0 running Samba 3.0.5 and LDAP 2.1, I have already successfully configured (almost) my only problem is newly created user/s cannot login to a machine successfully joined in the domain. I checked the ldap entries and its there, I verified it using smbldap-usershow and its there. I noticed that using this tool did not create a system/local user and samba user, does it suppose to do this? Thanks for any help you could provide

Jan
Robert83
Hi,

users must be created at the Linux box as well , otherwise you won't be able to log in.

I would reccomend , that you check out Hughesjr's guide in the GUIDES section , SAMBA PDC.

Sincerely
Robert B
jardosa
Hi Robert thanks for a swift response. So smbldap-tools is not doing it for me, is that it? So I have to create the user twice and with the new system user having the GID of domain users? Are there other ways on how to do this task? Thanks again

Jan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.