Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Authentication Between Xp And Linux
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Ash2k4
Hello!! Im trying to set up a network in my classroom, and I want to change the Windoze 2000 server computer, and put Red Hat Fedora on it. Is there a client that comes with fedora that will allow an xp client to authenticate with my fedora server or do I need to get a third party client?? If anyone can tell me how to make my xp clients authenticate I will praise their name forever!!! Thank you for your help!!

Ash2k4
ninux
I think you just use samba.

samba.org
Robert83
Hi,

and if that Windows 2000 server was running as the primary domain controller for your domain than you can use the samba pdc guide on this page (in the guides forum you can find it), I think it is a superb guide and it works (at least it worked for me on my whitebox install smile.gif ).

samba pdc is like a win nt pdc , so win2000 is better , only change the pdc to samba if it's absolutely necessary (budget or something like that, like at my side smile.gif ).

the link to the guide is : http://www.linuxhelp.ca/forums/index.php?a...=ST&f=15&t=3823

Sincerely
Robert B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.