Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: M$ Wireless Optical Desktop Pro
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
untz
I bought the M$ Wireless Optical Desktop Pro:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseand...ls.aspx?pid=014

What I want to do is be able to use this keyboard and mouse on my Linux distro (Fedora Core 1)... I have my keyboard and mouse, so I know I can plug those into Linux for the time being, and then install the necessary drivers for this wireless keyboard and mouse.

Has anyone tried to get this working with Linux? Any suggestions?

Many, many thanks!
Jim
Have you tried it yet, or are you just asuming its not going to work? I would bet that you wouldn't have any problems. You just plug the base into the Keyboard and PS/2 ports on your computer and you should be fine. At least all the basic functions should work. We might have to mess with some things to get the scroll button working, and the extra buttons on the keyboard might never work. But the basic fucntions of the keyboard and mouse should work no problem.
Robert83
Hi,

Jim is absolutely right!

untz as you know... when the system boots up with the new optical mouse and keyboard combo it must be able to use it, otherwise you cannot enter the bios to change stuff, or install MS windows or do anything, only those special buttons might have problems (without dirver) like volume up down, e-mail, internet etc...

Sincerely
Robert B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.