Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual Log Problem
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
bkp1978
Hello all!

Installed Linux Red Hat 8.0 on a new partition on my machine. Have WindowsXP Home on another partition. I can log into Linux everytime without any problem, until I log into Windows XP. Once I log into Windows XP and reboot, I get past the POST (power on self test), then get two dashes at the top of the screen and it just looks at me. I have to reset the BIOS to boot from CD-Rom and reinstall Linux all over again, then I can get into Linux again without a problem. The problem repeats itself every time I log into the WindowsXP OS.

I'm clueless on what to do to resolve this.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
bizx
hi,
i hope u r using either grub or lilo for dual booting.as far as u use linux nothing will be a problem with that.from what u have told about the reboot after using windows,it appears as if the xp home is corrupting or deleting the mbr.in that case the bios dont know where to hand over the control.

i didn't encounter this problem before but i hope there is a problem with u r version of xp.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.