Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mandrake 10 And Xmms
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
axios
Ok I just installed mandrake 10 and yeah I'm a newb. But anyway, I was trying to install XMMS and every time I ./configure it ends with this error

*** The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found
*** If GLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to glib-config.
configure: error: *** GLIB >= 1.2.2 not installed - please install first ***

now...taking into consideration this is a free downloaded CD I figured maybe it wasn't isntalled. So, I went online and searched for GLIB, I found the newest version and attempted to isntall it. I unpacked, ./configure, make, make install etc and then I ran the install for xmms again and same error. I tried rebooting just incase the settings hadn't taken effect yet. Still didn't work. Anyone have any suggestions??
Corey
Dealing with glib/gtk can sometimes cause a nice few headaches. Right off the bat I will suggest that if you are running Mandrake, then I would use the RPM's that are on the cd's that you download.

I am not fully familier with Mandrake, however, i believe you should be able to issue the following command in Mandrake 10 to install xmms:

urpmi xmms

This should resolve dependancies for you such as GTK and GLIB

As a further explanation to the error below, I believe that if XMMS is looking for GLIB >= 1.2.x, then you need to install 1.2.x of glib/gtk. As far as I know, glib/gtk 2.x is not backwards compatible with apps that require 1.2.x, but i could be wrong. If all else fails, try the 1.2.x versions of glib and gtk.
axios
Thanks bro, that worked perfectly smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.